Topband: Stew Perry Contest

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Mon Dec 28 18:17:12 EST 2020

Yes, I'm quite sure Stan was joking!

On a serious note though, I was very pleased to work Stan last night. I was
just about to turn off the radio, as the widespread thunderstorms continued
to smash my receiver, when I saw Stan's CQ. Tuning to that frequency, I
quickly determined the callsign, and I called. It was nice to make the QSO
with Stan. I also heard the JA and HL stations calling, but they were
difficult copy here.

ZF9CW is always a standout signal from the Caribbean. The other one was the
late Herb KV4FZ. These two always seem to hear DX from this direction well.

73 es HNY, Luke VK3HJ

On 12/28/2020 6:49 AM, Stan Stockton wrote:

> I can see myself with my thumb over the end of a water hose before the
> CQ
> 160 Contest trying to spray water on power line insulators!
>

> 73...Stan, ZF9CW

This is extremely dangerous!  Don't do it.  The power company has special
equipment for safely washing insulators.

73
Rick N6RK