Topband: Question about on ground radials field.

donovanf at erols.com donovanf at erols.com
Thu Dec 31 19:17:15 EST 2020

Hi Jim,

That simply makes the radiating part of the vertical taller and elevates
feed point.

Its known in professional antenna engineering circles as a sleeved
monopole with elevated feed point. The classic version is a vertical
with its feedline routed through a sleeve that is 1/2 the length of the
vertical above the feed point at the top of the sleeve. The bottom
of the sleeve is connected to radials laying on the ground or
slightly buried.

Its similar in concept to the off-center fed dipole.

73
Frank
W3LPL