Topband: Vertical choke needed?

Michael Walker va3mw at portcredit.net
Thu Dec 31 20:01:16 EST 2020

Hi Ken

Chokes at both ends of the feed line are always a good idea.

I have a similar setup to you but with elevated radials and I have Mix 31 chokes right at the base of the antenna with an UNUN since I am using 75 ohm coax and then more chokes at the antenna switch.

You can’t use enough chokes.

Mike va3mw