Topband: New RFI Source

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Thu Feb 20 11:49:00 EST 2020

As mentioned earlier, last night I noted a drifting birdie sweeping up and down
the 160 meter band.  Hans, SM6CVX, wrote to suggest a switched mode power supply
was the culprit.

To make a long story short, I recently installed one of these to archive some
VHS tapes:

https://www.amazon.com/HDML-Cloner-Supported-Schedule-capturing-Supported/dp/B01LX22X2T?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I figured the wall wart, but the signal persists slightly after unplugging it
then dies, so it looks like something internal.  Easy fix is to plug it in only
when necessary.

FWIW, although it's highly unlikely anyone else will have this particular issue.

Wes  N7WS