Topband: 300 ohm twin lead for bidirectional Beverage antennas

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 29 15:27:32 EST 2020

I agree there is much F connector junk out there.  However Amphenol does
make a "4 hole" female F chassis jack, an excellent product. digikey
usually has stock
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/amphenol-rf/222146/ACX1545-ND/1989993

Unless one has the $250 D chassis punch for D cylindrical F females, it
always seems tightening a coax to the recommended torque (15 in-lbs)
leads to spinning the female in the chassis.

I found some Chinese knockoffs at half the price but the contact is so
tight it bends the pins in crimp-on F connectors I use on RG179.  The
steel wire from RG6 CCS goes in ok.

I think the cost of a quality SO238 and PL259 might be in the same
ballpark as the Amphenol plus commercial RG6 male sleeve.

Grant KZ1W