Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 29 15:28:02 EST 2020

Mike and others.  All you have to do is model it to see the result.  The more horizontal component of an L, the lower the max gain of the low angle vertical portion.  If you counter that with worse and worse ground losses, absorbing the low angle vertical radiation, you can make the numbers do whatever you want.  That’s the only way I can see to get to the described data that K2AV is describing.  The fact that it is all sitting on a tiny FCP ground system on his link speaks volumes as to why his data looks like it does.  But it is not comparable certainly to my system nor many others.

73

Ed  N1UR