Topband: Posts about cheating

W7RH midnight18 at cox.net
Thu Jan 2 13:14:31 EST 2020

Perhaps some should not be so fast to judge. At my station in Arizona it
is possible to hear Africa and Europe 1-2 hours before sunset in the
right conditions. Although extremely rare.

This morning I worked 6 stations CW beaming NW low power in zones 23,16
and 15. They were: JT1CO, SM5EDX, UT2IV, LA1MFA, RA4LW and SM2EKM. These
QSOs were 10-12 hours different from my normal path. This was my best
opening westward in 45 years on 160m. Vlad, RA4LW was so strong for a
short period I would have called him a local.

Regarding RBN: many are easily overloaded by a local. For me I almost
never get spotted in EU or Asia yet I continue to work them.

Anything can happen during solar minimum and Winter Solstice.

73, HNY

de W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein