Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband.

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:25:49 EST 2020

 >>1) you need a modern(relatively new)station

How modern? Until getting an IC-7300 I used an IC-718. Before getting a
Signalink USB interface to go with it, I used dubbing cables between the
radio and the computer. Took some 'skill' not to TX garbage with that setup.

Don't tell me now that FT8 must be compatible with a coherer detector to
be an 'accepted' mode.

Technological change is inevitable, to use the fact that a 20/30/40 year
old radio is not 'fit for use' with the new mode, somehow blemishes the
mode, is ridiculous.

 >>6) you like to be bored by doing ham radio

No comment...except that it looks like you have not explored all that
people do in hamradio. The stuff I don't like, I don't get involved,
including crashing discussions on topics I don't care.

I won't enumerate the stuff I think it's boring in the hobby, because it
surely is fun to the 'practioners' of those activities.

73 de Vince, VA3VF