Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 21:11:49 EST 2020

 >>I  thought  there  was a contest  version  of  FT-8  coming
out  soon ?   I  forget  what  it  was to  be  labeled  as.

The current version of WSJT-X supports the following contests:

NA VHF Contest;
EU VHF Contest;
ARRL Field Day, technically not a contest;
RTTY Roundup.

To activate contesting 'mode', click on File -> Settings -> Advance tab
-> Check the Special operating activity box -> select the contest.

I'll let others with more FT8 contesting experience 'chime in', but the
easist way to implement the Topband FT8 Contest would be to use the same
exchange as the RU. Anything different than what is currently supported
would require programming additions to the WSJT-X code.

JTDX does not support contests. MSHV may not support them either, but
I'm not sure.

I won't mention WSJT-Z for obvious reasons. LOL

73 de Vince, VA3VF