Topband: Source for durable ladder line?

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Sun Jan 12 15:54:35 EST 2020

John, I had exactly the same experience as you with the DXE 450 ohm
ladderline. After two frustrating years of repairs, I finally switched
it for WD-1/TT mil surplus field telephone wire. I now have four
lengths of 720 ft each for my beverage antennas, which have been in
the field for four years, with zero maintenance issues.

On my beverages, the WD-1 is tied to a 4x4 post at each end, and
routed loosely through holes in ceramic insulators spaced every 60
feet or so. The wire is indestructible, comes as a twisted pair in
half-mile spools, and costs about $50 for an unused spool. I tie the
twisted pair wires together to make a single conductor. It’s extremely
strong, impervious to the elements, including the high winds and
intense UV sunlight, here in NM at 7000 ft elevation.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone