Topband: Topband resource

Roger Kennedy roger at wessexproductions.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 19:30:46 EST 2020

Well, people who work me regularly know I put out a pretty decent signal on
160m with my dipole. And I get good reports all over the world, not just
right across America.

I also have a vertically polarised receiving antenna, so can compare signals
on receive . . . DX signals are very rarely stronger on the vertical.
(although I can see big differences on European signals)

And there's definitely no radiation from the feeder !  The dipole is fed
with good quality coax, there's a properly constructed 160m choke balun at
the feedpoint . . . and anyway, most of the feeder isn't even vertical, as
it runs horizontally along my loft !

Roger G3YRO