Topband: Any Linrad selective limiter noise blanker experts here?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Jan 22 09:34:30 EST 2020

On 1/22/2020 3:34 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> Rick, there are irregularities in my noise - and in the previous utility
> line noises I've had at my QTH - that prevent any
> predict-the-exact-time-of-the-noise-spike-in-advance algorithms.

OK forgot the Kalman filter.

Back to brainstorming

Plan B:

In the 1950's I believe Collins Radio had a
scheme with the KWM-2 mobile radio where they
had a VHF receiver at 35 MHz IIRC that picked
up ignition noise and triggered the noise
blanker.

I am wondering if something like that could
be adapted using a VHF Yagi aimed at the offending
power pole.

Plan C:

Same principle as the Collins scheme, except:
The NB would listen in the band from say 1775 to 1800
kHz for purposes of generating the blanking pulses.
There should be no signals in that band.  (At least
I've never heard any here; what is this band allocated
for anyway?)

Rick N6RK