Topband: Nasty QRM From ??

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jan 24 17:50:49 EST 2020

On 1/24/2020 2:31 PM, Stephen Hawkins wrote:
> Toggling a switch rather then disassembling two under warranty garage
> door openers and splicing in a non switching supply is a much easier
> solution for me.

Steve,

Sorry, I missed that the PSUs were internal to the units. I do agree.
However -- take a look at the app notes on my website about finding and
killing RX noise. It's likely that serious ferrite chokes wound on both
power leads and any other wires coming out of the units would knock that
noise down a lot.

73, Jim K9YC