Topband: CQ WW Contest

Roger Kennedy roger at wessexproductions.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 08:01:23 EST 2020

Hi Ken

Well this has been voiced before !

I appreciate that many stations are only interested in working new or rare
prefixes on 160m . . .

However, personally I get a big buzz out of EVERY QSO with a station on Top
Band over 2000 miles away, as it is an achievement . . . regardless of how
many times I may have worked that station before.

And I have never really got any real satisfaction working DX on the higher
bands, as even on 80m it's so much easier.

I can't help feeling - given the amount of effort it takes to have a decent
station for 160m, especially in terms of decent Antennas - that it seems
crazy to just come on the band once a month to work a DX-pedition, or for a
Contest !

However, I know there are many people who feel like you . . . but there are
also a lot of Top Band DX-ers who feel like ME. I guess I'm simply trying to
encourage THOSE people to come on the band more often.  Especially as it's
often those same people that complain about all the activity on FT8 and the
lack of DX CW activity !

73 Roger G3YRO

  _____