Topband: Fw: Some experiments with a short beverage, not

Chortek, Robert L. Robert.Chortek at berliner.com
Wed Jul 1 13:04:09 EDT 2020

“How does a 250 ft long,  BI-directional beverage even  work?   Thats only  .5 wavelength   long on  160m,
and only  1 wavelength long on 80m.“

At my QTH a 300’ unterminated beverage at 3’ is FABULOUS on 160 meters.  It’s a true marvel.  I can hear signals buried in the noise on my other RX antennas and, of course, my vertical.  Overall and on average it is by far the best rx antenna I have!

Sure if it were longer it would be better.  If it was terminated it would be better still but then we all have our limitations and must do the best we can with what we have to work with.

73,

Bob/AA6VB
Robert L. Chortek