Topband: 9 circle RX array combiner board

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 1 18:56:39 EST 2020

Hi Rick,

Yes, the 2N5109s are almost un-obtainium now, but a few months ago Mouser stocked them and maybe DigiKey, but now they are out-of-stock.  Even the 2N3866 substitute is hard to find.
Over the years (2 decades) I have built at least 10 of these amps, and still have a supply of a dozen or so 2N5109 devices, and since these devices are almost indestructible, I’ll likely never run out!  You are correct that this is a problem with this design.

Thanks for the E-field amp link….nice…perhaps another project to build!

I like KiCad a lot. super easy to learn.  I had never use a PC board program, but I was able to learn KiCad from scratch in one evening!

de steve ve6wz