Topband: 9 circle RX array combiner board

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Sun Mar 1 22:36:06 EST 2020

  Hi Guys,
   I got advance information of the 2N5109 and its cousin the 2N3866 transistors demise.  I used the 2N3866 in my older design Hi-Z 75 ohm preamp so this transistor should suffice in most preamps that used the the 2N5109 . I bought a good supply of the 2N3866 devices and can offer them up to the ham community for $3.00 each in small quantities. I intend to support hams that are in need of these devices in small quantities only which should prolong the lives of the ubiquitous single transistor feedback preamp such as the HI-Z and the W7IUV.
   I am not selling these transistors through Hi-Z Antennas but through private sales. E-Mail through k7tjr at msn.com or address below. There is no profit to me involved. There will be postage costs involved also.

      Also do not buy the Motorola labeled 2N3866 or 2N5109 devices from China as they are nothing more than audio transistors at best. I tried them.

Lee    K7TJR
8125 SW Larch Dr.
Culver, OR   97734