Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:44:31 EST 2020

Hi Rick,

My first example is why NVIS can be useful.  I often can't hear stations
150 miles away on 160 meters using my TX vertical, but they are booming in
on my pennant that has a much better response to higher angle signals (I
could definitely generate more points in a 160 meter contest if I had the
option to switch to an NVIS TX antenna at times).  We can deal with fading,
phase cancellation at times, etc. in our hobby, but in the AM broadcast
industry they want to preserve signal and audio quality as much as possible
all of the time so it's really a different situation.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)