Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

Mpridesti mpridesti at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 08:16:53 EST 2020

Interesting topic

Rick

To your comment regarding close in signals on 160, have some thoughts here:

Agree on the 40 and 80 stuff. I use a low inverted Vee for local contacts. Typically I can barely hear the locals on my vertical system (80). Very dramatic difference in signal level.

On 160, I have also have a low inverted Vee (65 ft) and a 4 square of inverted L elements. It is very apparent the inverted L array does carry horizontal (high angle) polarization as it works well with both low and high angle stuff. I still find the close by stations are sometimes better on the inverted Vee (100 miles) but vertical system is not too far behind.

My conclusion is the same effect we see on 80 (vertical vs. horizontal) is nearly the same as 160 except because my vertical system still has some high angle takeoff, the difference is not as pronounced. Certainly confirms the top L portion generates a fair amount of high angle.  It’s the best I can do at this place.

Just one man’s story.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX
603-231-8965