Topband: Radiation Resistance

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 7 14:22:02 EST 2020

On 3/7/2020 10:58 AM, Chortek, Robert L. wrote:
> Does anyone know the radiation resistance of a 55 foot vertical #12 wire, top loaded with 2 41 foot #14 wires sloping at 45°, with their ends at 35 feet?

There's a graph in one of the ARRL antenna publications, either the
Antenna Book or the ON4UN book, of radiation resistance vs vertical
height. I reproduced it in http://k9yc.com/160MPacificon.pdf

If the top-loading wires were horizontal, 55 ft would be the effective
height. Their slope may reduce that a bit, but not a lot because there
are only two and because the slope is not too great. I'd guess maybe 5 ft.

73, Jim K9YC