Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Wed Mar 11 09:28:44 EDT 2020

Chris,
Assuming a trans-impedance amplifier, "unity gain" is enough (with
reasonable size elements). Noise and IP3 are far more important. Lightning
and surge immunity are also important. Also, isolate the amp from common
mode noise travelling on the feed-line. Filter the power supply well. Use an
F connector (a high quality one that can be torqued.)
GL and 73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU