Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Thu Mar 12 06:10:44 EDT 2020

Thanks again for all the comments. Very interesting especially the
reasoning behind the designs.

The device I've picked for my design is the LTC6228. This is a new
device by Analog Devices that only came out late last year. The voltage
noise is 0.88 uV/sqrt Hz and the current noise is 3 pA/sqrt Hz. Claimed
output IP product performance is <-100 dBc at 4V peak to peak output.

The device is available in SOT-23 package from DigiKey and Mouser.

I'm planning to use the imminent coronavirus lockdown over here in the
UK to get some PCB designs done.

73, Chris G4HYG