Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 14 19:07:31 EDT 2020

On 3/14/2020 3:17 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> I am trying to understand what these noise cancelling
> schemes do that couldn't be done with a simple loop
> (rotating the loop until the noise drops into one of
> the null directions).

I can't find the very recent email where this example was cited to quote
it, but the op had a noise source coming from the same direction as
desired signals, so he placed a sense antenna very close to the source.

Another good advantage to the electronic schemes is that you don't have
to go outside to rotate them when the noise that's bothering you is
coming from a different direction.

73, Jim