Topband: NVIS Antenna

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 16 14:46:52 EDT 2020

Roger,

I think you're observations propagation are correct, but I strongly
disagree with the paragraph below. My experience has been that IF the
antenna is accurately modeled, ground characteristics accurately
represent where the antenna is rigged, and the appropriate NEC ground
model is selected, modelling WILL correctly predict it's performance
over FLAT terrain. It's well known that non-flat terrain has major
effects on horizontally polarized waves, and N6BT has recently published
his work showing that it also strongly affects vertically polarized waves.

73, Jim K9YC