Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Mon Mar 16 18:30:38 EDT 2020

Hi Dave,
In my experience that is not a typical Norton amplifier gain . Most would be considerably in excess of that at 11  or 19 dB. They can run from 5 to 19 dB or so but what would be the purpose of only putting 5 dB there with an expensive amplifier configuration?  The ones I use are 11 dB gain. Just my $.02
Lee K7TJR