Topband: DXCC Committe

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Mar 23 08:33:55 EDT 2020

No worries Mark. Dank u vel.

Perhaps I have interpreted his facts (as presented) incorrectly.  I do not
know.
That's why I prefaced my initial message with:
"... OK, so let me get this straight:..." (which is an open invite to
correct me)

It would be really good to know why the Doctored card was sent to the DXCC
desk.  As for the AH3C/KH5J QSL card...
perhaps it's supposition on my part, but other than to submit for DXCC
credit, what other possible reason would a person submit
a card to the DXCC desk and circumvent his local card checker OK1MP? (by
registered mail at that_)

I get fake cards from folks from time to time.  I toss them in the trash.  I
also never send out doctored cards (I don't make them).  Certainly I would
never send a questionable one to an awards committee like the DXCC desk.
Like in all good mysteries, maybe there is a piece of the puzzle missing?

So, I am stumped.  Time for me to sit back, relax and have others beat
around the facts.  I could really care less what others DXCC totals are.
Never applied, probably never will! (I do like a good mystery though)

Have a good stay, wherever you are.....self-isolating in NB

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey
Keswick Ridge, NB