Topband: 9 circle and Beverage arrays modelling comparisons

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 26 11:05:44 EDT 2020

Yesterday I uploaded another YouTube video to my RX antenna series.

Using 4NEC2, both single-wire and broadside phased Beverage arrays are modelled to study the RDF and forward beam-width. The 9 circle vertical array is compared to both single and broadside Beverage arrays and the advantages of each are discussed. The RDF metric is explained and examples are shown how even small RDF improvements can enhance weak signal copy.

Video link here: https://youtu.be/I-Q0JU3h--4 <https://youtu.be/I-Q0JU3h--4>

73, de steve ve6wz