Topband: Anyone with experience using CAT6 as feed line.

Mikek amdx at knology.net
Sun May 17 16:19:49 EDT 2020

  Did a first test on a BOG, I noted it didn't have a f/b ratio.
  Then I noted I connected the wrong pair to the radio.
  That means the twisted pair is picking up signal.
I terminated it hoping that would quiet it, It didn't.
  I corrected the wiring error, But the feed line pickup
makes the BOG useless.

On a previous BOG I used #18 twisted speaker wire and it
picked up very little RF when connected the the radio.

   Do I need to do anything with the unused pairs,
that would help?

  Any thoughts on how to prevent RF pickup by the feed line?

                                Mikek KF4ITA