Topband: OT - Bonding Radials at Intersections

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Nov 6 17:08:49 EST 2020

Among other things they will and can arc if very close or even
intermittently touching. if they are not bonded the currents and
voltages on each wire may be different enough to arc then you get
interesting things going on especially at high power,. I had a related
experience where I had radial wires stapled on a wooden fence. At one
point two of the wires crossed each other, during a high power
transmission the two arced repeatedly and set the fence on fire. Luckily
the window of the shack faced the back yard and I saw it early on and
went out an put the fire out and resolved the cause

Dave

NR1DX

--
Dave Manuals at ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com