Topband: Interference on 1835 kHz - Oregon

Tree tree at kkn.net
Fri Nov 20 20:03:31 EST 2020

All -

For at least a few weeks, I have been hearing some distorted signal with
voice modulation on 1835 kHz.  I know N9RV can hear if from Montana.

I believe I might have tracked down the source as being the 1600 kHz AM
transmitter for Oregon Public Broadcasting in Eugene/Springfield, OR.

If anyone can give me their opinion of the direction from other Oregon QTHs
- that would be very useful.  I am trying to contact an engineer to work
the problem.

73 Tree N6TR