Topband: [bevantennas] Ground screen under beverage....

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Fri Oct 2 08:56:16 EDT 2020

Frank,

That is one of the best e mails about beverages I have seen!! Thanks.  I
have been toying with making a long Europe beverage along my rocky
ridgeline. It is solid rock with no way to apply a conventional ground.
My towers up there have no grounding at the base but utilize multiple #6
copper wires that extend out about 100-150 ft downhill until they get
into some dirt. Then they are grounded.  Now to stock up on chicken wire!!

The ground mat under the sloping wire reminds me of G-line that was used
at L band.

73

Dave K1WHS