Topband: Receive ant - binocular cores

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Mon Oct 5 18:59:47 EDT 2020

Hi Tony,

" Just can’t figure out how it blew the ferrite into little pieces..."

If it was lightning, it's the pressure of the wires (trying to move away
from one another) pressing against the walls of the brittle ferrite core.
So, the core just exploded.  Electromotive force at work.  :O)

On the photo I sent you...no damage to the wires there either.
The white Romex when the base of a
windmill tower, down to the switch, then back out again toward the
circuit breaker box.  The wires where forced apart in that vertical
section
of conduit because of like charges/currents in those wires.

I can send a copy of the photo to who ever is interested.  Read more
below.

73,
Charlie, N0TT