Topband: Good Conditions, Little Activity

Fred Moeves fmoeves at twc.com
Fri Oct 9 14:30:43 EDT 2020

We had some really good discussion on this reflector in the past week or
two.

"Common mode choking","RX Power over Coax","Receive ant binocular
cores","Super Kaz delta,"Waller Flag".

And now we are back to the very boring topic... "Ft-8 Is Killing Amateur
Radio"
Just let it go....

Roger I don't think you are whining ...keep plugging away buddy.
I think you are getting more activity...just not the level you want.

Roger for me at least half and maybe more is about the building the station.
My XYL always ask will you ever be done with your antennas and I answer
No...

I enjoy the building of wire antennas,the preamps ,the switching,
upgrading my station ...and anything else I can make.

I have removed my towers and went to only wire antennas like I did when
I was a novice.
And I forgot how much fun it is to build this stuff.
I am now really only on 30m - 160m.
I do have a driven element from an old tribander hanging in a tree ..but
I think it will be coming down soon??

I just looked in my log and we have not worked yet.
I did hear you this year but could not make the contact.
It's not as easy as you think from this side of the pond either.

Anyway 73 and I hope to work you on 160 cw

And to all you FT-8 haters just don't bring it up anymore...it's not
really that hard.

Fred KB4QZH