Topband: 160 activity night

Henk Remijn PA5KT pa5kt at remijn.net
Fri Oct 9 16:32:48 EDT 2020

In Region 1 there is no 160m band above 1900 for most countries.

1840 is a good place, it only takes 2.5kHz of spectrum.

Anyway as there are no cw stations at all most of the 160m band is not
used most of the time.

I did try to cq on cw some weeks ago when I did have holidays but no
replies, only RBN spots.
Then when I try cq on ft8 I make contacts.

I am still working and being active in the week is difficult, even if
working from home, so I focus on the weekend usually in contests.

73 Henk PA5KT