Topband: Every mid week. . .

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Oct 9 18:31:26 EDT 2020

We see an announcement about "activity night" on Wednesday. (which borders
on begging and cajoling at times)

Every Thursday into Friday we see complaints from the same individual
talking about the lack of activity, where were you guys, do you have QRN or
whatever.(aka 'guilt trip')

It gets really really old.  I delete most of them w/o even reading them.
Every once in a while I open one

up hoping the "ask" or "announcement" has changed, but nope.same old
whining.

Maybe some of us don't like working the same fellows mid week in the warmer
weather ? (QRN, other stuff going on in our lives)

Maybe some of us have pretty much worked all we want to work on 160m.

Maybe some of us now concentrate on rare DX, or contest QSO's or FT8 or SSB
(or any number of things)

This is not the 1950's or 1960's where we have to announce weekly where the
listening/CQing will take place.(and then complain about it the next day
when you don't fill your personal log book)

I am sure W1BB (and everyone else) didn't whine about the lack of activity
in their paper newsletters.

I already suggested to you (privately a year or so ago, to help you save
face) about some things you could do to improve "activity night" but you
have not even tried one of them. (a la CWops CWT awards, just to mention
one)

Please. Stop the whining.

Mike VE9AA

p.s.-I really enjoy the N6TR and VE6WZ (and others) reports.  Absolutely no
whining ! (aka 100% whine free)

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB