Topband: Good Conditions, Little Activity

lennart.michaelsson at telia.com lennart.michaelsson at telia.com
Sat Oct 10 12:57:12 EDT 2020

Hi Roger and all!
160 is or was in the middle of the MF ship to shore short distance
communication - long before SAT, VHF and GSM came into use.
I used to work in the Telecom sector and brought along a SW transceiver,
hooked it up to one of those antennas.
I was amazed as I worked a number of long distant stations like VK6HD - the
first 160 QSO between SM and VK, ZL3GQ in Nz and Paul VS6DO.
I am still equally amazed how good this band can be.
Keep on guys, whatever mode.
Len
SM7BIC