Topband: Phased staggered beverages

Kenny Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:20:17 EDT 2020

My new house has 6 wooded acres in roughly a square. For EU, I was hoping to get a pair of phased 500’ beverages spaced 350’ apart. To do that, one of the 2 beverages will be 110’ in front of the other due to the lot-line orientation.  Regardless of the phasing I’m modeling, the side and back lobes are not to my liking. Is the 110’ forward stagger too far?   I can get a single 600’ beverage to Eu which has a marginally  worse RDF (0.35 less) than the not-perfect-staggered-pair but is much simpler and takes up less land.

How much RDF increase does it take to be audible?

Regards , Kenny K2KW