Topband: VK for me this AM

thoyer thoyer1 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 26 20:29:15 EDT 2020

Well the propagation gods were smiling on me this morning.

For the first time in my 15+ years on 160 I actually HEARD a VK station this
morning. But wait, it gets better - I was actually able to WORK VK2WF this
morning.

>From my typically S7 to S9 noisy location the noise was at an S5 this
morning. I heard a K2 working a VK, couldn't hear the VK that he worked (as
usual) so I tuned around a bit and heard a faint CQ just above my S5 noise.
Tough to make out the call in the QSB but after a few minutes his signal
rose above the noise and after a few calls we were able to complete the
contact. Thank you Adrian for hanging in there and thank you to the other
stations who patiently stood by waited while I dug out the QSO.

And I wasn't going to check 160 this morning before running out to
work............ This one ranks right up there with the first time I worked
Antartica when I was 13 years old (44 years ago).

Yippee!! Number 101 for my small gun station

Tom
W3TA