Topband: Dimensions Super Kaz delta

Hermod Pedersen hermod at telia.com
Sun Sep 27 15:41:08 EDT 2020

For years I have been planing for putting up a Super Kaz delta loop.
Now the time, it seems, has come.
Only to find that my hardware is not in line with the "normal" dimensions.
Most online sources says the dimensions of a super Kaz should be hight 8,5 m and length 34 m [in awkward feet, for non-US folks, that would be 28 x 112].
Having checked my building stuff in the barn I can make a wooden pole at 7,5 m hight [24.6 feet]
Which clearly is a meter or so too short.
So what to do? Should I shorten the length of the delta correspondingly? Does it really matter?
So, my question is:
Could I just go on making a 24 x 112 feet [7.5 x 34 m] delta?
Or should I shorten the length somewhat??
I know, "just go ahead and do it..."
I read a lot about antenna calculations but don't really undertand how to EZNEC etc. So any comment on the dimension for a super Kaz dimensions for MW (AM/BCB band) reception is of interest.
73 de Hermod, medium wave DXer