Topband: Dimensions Super Kaz delta

Hermod Pedersen hermod at telia.com
Mon Sep 28 16:20:14 EDT 2020

I wrote earlier:
>> Could I just go on making a 24 x 112 feet [7.5 x 34 m] delta?
>> Or should I shorten the length somewhat??

I found the answer to my own question -- thanks to Mark Connelly, WA1ION.
https://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/kaz/phased_kaz.htm

The math according to Connelly is fairly simple:
"The antenna has the form of a delta with the apex spaced above the center of the horizontal base at a distance of 1/4 to 1/3 the length of the base. Base height above ground can be as little as 0.3 m / 1 ft., though I find improved performance at 1.5 m or higher."

So with a 7,5 m height I should make the Kaz delta base length 30 m -- or, say, 26 m if I go for around 1 m above ground.