Topband: FW: 43’ 80 Meter Vertical

Lup Schlueter dj7sw at kcag.de
Sun Apr 11 18:48:51 EDT 2021

Bob,
do remember: To simplify your tuning netzwork  never put the antenna resonance on
the 7-1.8 Mhz lowbands in the middle of the band!
Design the antenna for the upper or lower end of the band. Then use simple tuning devices
as only L or only C.  I mostly prefer to design the wire longer and shorten it with
only a series C.
It can raise the feed-impedance to Z 50 Ohms.

If you use a  simple LC or CL network tuning this will avoid to change it from LC or CL
in middle
of the band and raises the feed-impedance a bit higher.

55 de Lup, DJ7SW, DL0KF