Topband: Region One stations below 1810 kHz

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sat Dec 25 13:45:23 EST 2021

# N7WS comments

On 12/24/2021 5:37 PM, Tree wrote:
> All -
>
> And if these are "illegal" contacts - what should be done about them?
# My first thought is if I, as a USA op, make a contact with another station
operating in a USA authorized band it shouldn't be up to me to verify the
legality of the other guy's operation.  That's between him and his regulatory
body.  That would say that the QSO should count for me.
> And if a Region 1 stations modified his log to change the frequency
> information to make it look legit - is that unsportsmanlike behavior?
# Since reported frequency isn't something required by the rules, at first I
want to say who cares?  But on second thought, the power rule seems to apply,
"Cheating: means running more power than you are supposed to in your category
and/or country."    So I don't know.

Wes  N7WS