Topband: Looking for recommendation for cutting tool for RG-6 with CCS center conductor

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Feb 4 12:00:54 EST 2021

On 2/4/2021 7:09 AM, Fred Moeves wrote:
> I got a cheap set from Home Depot.
> Ideal 33-522       Internet #300134420
>
> Works on DXE RG-6 both kinds of cable.
> Works good for me.
>
> 73
>
> Fred KB4QZH

I think Fred is actually referring to Ideal 45-074.
A reviewer of 45-074 on Amazon ("Jeff") wrote:

"I made the mistake of attempting to cut the center core of RG-6 (cable
tv coax) and that copper is too hard and make a nick in the cutter. I
won't make that mistake again."

The product description says:

"Steel reinforced center conductors can be trimmed with bolt cutting holes."

Too many red flags here ...

73
Rick N6RK