Topband: Off air

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Tue Feb 23 07:30:33 EST 2021

Mail from the reflector has caught up here. There was an issue with my mail server.

The Top loaded vertical was removed on the weekend, as the Quarter wave vertical I am building next to it detuned it. There are two more mast sections to bolt up with about 5 m of Al mast to go above that. At a height of 28.6 m, it is resonant at 2245 kHz, so according to my calculations, it should be resonant on 1825 kHz at around 35 m without top loading.
Completion will have to wait until next week, as this weekend I will be spending four days cycling in the Victorian Alps, so I’m saving my climbing legs for that!
73, de Luke VK3HJ.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10