Topband: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue Feb 23 14:57:41 EST 2021

For finding 160 meter noise sources, I use a C-Crane or Sangean
pocket AM band radio tuned to 1710 kHz.  It also has a very sharp
null due to the ferrite loop stick antenna built in.  The QST
antenna does have the advantage of being unidirectional, but I
can often triangulate with the pocket radio by walking around
and getting two different null directions.

Rick N6RK