Topband: FW: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna (LONG!)

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 25 20:02:35 EST 2021

On 2/25/2021 2:29 PM, John Kaufmann via Topband wrote:
> The P3 noise measurement bandwidth was about 100 Hz in my measurements.
I hope that everyone realizes that setting a high value for averaging
cancels non-correlated noise in spectrum displays, including the
waterfall, greatly increasing the visibility of correlated signals and
noise. Correlated can be understood as non-random, and includes nearly
all ham transmission modes and most electronically generated noise like
computer clocks, trash from electronic power handling and switch-mode
power supplies.

73, Jim K9YC