Topband: Vertical choke needed?

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Jan 1 05:19:36 EST 2021

Jim/ K9YC

I am with you 100% on your comments below

my 80/ 160 verticals all run "10 lbs of ferrite" at the feed points but
that is because I run elevated non resonant radials these days. 5lbs of
ferrites just got to warm to touch, but that is fodder for a whole
different thread.� My "jungle" makes running ground mounted radial
systems unpractical.

Among other things� with my wire T's and L's I also avoid coax runs that
are multiples of odd 1/4 waves at the frequency of interest which helps
( how much ?)� didn't measure it a the time, but the Winkeyer stopped
locking up ......:)

Dave
NR1DX

--