Topband: 300' Bog

Larry lmwatbullrun at runbox.com
Sun Jan 3 18:48:14 EST 2021

BOGs are highly ground dependent;  At my QTH, they work well, and while the signal level is significantly lower than the 850' BAG I run toward the South BOGs show good directionality and selectivity.  Variation in soil moisture content affect performance as does the presence of wet leaves on top of them.  I use the preamp in my transceiver with good results.

Larry W8ANT