Topband: s meter

Ron Spencer ron.spencer at zoho.com
Mon Jan 18 07:29:41 EST 2021

For the low bands, I typically listen on my receive antennas. S meter readings on them are proportional to the signal strength but not an accurate account. I'd estimate it might be 4 or 5 S units down from the true signal strength. I never use the S meter reading when giving reports. If I did most would be between S0 and S3. Instead I judge based on what I hear and how well I hear it. Not meant to be a judgement on how others use the S meter. Just how I use it here.

73

Ron

N4XD

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/