Topband: CQWW 160 SSB

Roger Kennedy roger at wessexproductions.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 06:00:14 EST 2021

Regarding mentioning Callsigns of stations on here during Contests, it's not
something I would normally do. However, I hadn't really considered it a
problem, firstly because I'm not interested in entering . . . but mainly
because lots of stations are posted on the DX Cluster anyway - not just
their Callsigns, but their exact frequency too!

I think the fact that it's so easy for people to cheat these days is one of
the reasons I'm not interested in entering Contests . . . I just use them as
an opportunity to work lots of DX stations on Top Band that sadly don't
normally come on the band.

But coming back to Conditions . . . I couldn't copy a single NA station on
Saturday night either.

I also then realised that even the Europeans were way down on normal . . .
Big signals from Germany, the Baltic States, etc, are normally peaking 40dB
over S9 with me . . . but nobody was over +20dB ! That really is a LONG way
down.

Shame that propagation was so poor.

Roger G3YRO